Been awhile since I've done a ranking!!
'RuPaul's Drag Race' has given us some iconic (and not so iconic) Rusicals since season 6, and I'm here to tell you all my faves!
This will include main season only and not All Stars, but for fun, here:
- Herstory of the World is BRILLIANT, Diva's Live is hilarious, Halftime Headliners is a lot of fun, but Trinity K. Bonet should have won, Joan is campy but forgettable, Rosemarie's Baby Shower is lowkey really good and Starbooty: The Rebooty was okay.
Now, back to what I came here to do!!
Check out my ranking of Rusicals from the show!
And make sure to let me know what you think!
1. Sound of Rusic - winner Plasma
I want to preface this by saying 1 and 2 were VERY close, but Sound of Rusic just squeaked by!!!
Everything about this works, and nobody was bad. From Plasma completely dominating in the lead role, to Sapphira crushing it as the best side character, this remains my #1 pick from across the seasons. The humor was there, the songs were catchy as hell, and the queens were all on point. Shoutout to Nymphia for making me laugh out loud, Q completely surprising me, and just the sheer fun this entire Rusical was.
2. Moulin Ru - winner Lady Camden
Coming in RIGHT behind Sound of Rusic is Moulin Ru.
Another grand slam for yours truly, with a franchise high performance from Lady Camden. As was with Sound of Rusic, Moulin Ru really shows off every single queen. Sure, it was easy to pick Bosco as the weakest link, but that doesn't take away from the sheer brilliance of this entire number. Adding the late, great Leslie Jordan was hilarious and producer Leland did a pretty damn good job as well. Leslie's line "I'm outta here" had me scream laughing the first time I watched it.
3. Bitch Perfect - winner Chi Chi Devayne
God, I miss Chi Chi so much.
This top 3 is proof that when a Rusical is done right, it can be the highlight of any season. Bitch Perfect was just ridiculous and I loved every second of it. Not to mention the drama building up to it. Everything comes together though. Chi Chi's upside down twerking, Cynthia's shoe flying off at the end, Derrick's Britney-esque hair flips, and the lyrics are just a few of the standouts. Loved this one!!
4. Madonna: The Unauthorized Rusical - winner Gigi Goode
Was Jan robbed? You could make an argument that the winner could have been Gigi, Jan, Jaida or Crystal and I would probably agree with all of them. Once again, the season 12 Rusical was one of highlights of the season. The song choices were perfect, and each queen did a great job. I do think Jan should have won, but giving it to Gigi also gave us the face crack of the franchise.
HA!!!!
5. Wicked Wiz of Oz - winner Sam Star
I have to admit, this one caught me by surprise. Once again, like the Madonna one, there could have been a different winner for this and it would have been deserved. Jewels was hysterical as Glinda, Onya brought the house down with her Wiz moment, and I don't necessarily agree that Acacia was the worst. Sure, she could have spiced up that big number, but it wasn't bad!!
Also, shout out to winner Sam Star for that brilliant Cher take on the Wicked Witch.
6. WigLoose - winner Anetra
To this day, I don't believe anyone should have gone home from this. Putting Loosey in the bottom was diabolical and I'll never understand it.
The music was top notch, the humor was there, and everything just clicked right out the gate. I truly felt like Loosey could have won this, and how she ended up in the bottom blows my mind. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
7. Glamazonian Airways - winner Ginger Minj
This was SO MUCH FUN and it's really held up over the years. Pathological liar Eventual All Stars 10 winner Ginger Minj stormed to victory in this Rusical, and it was really no surprise. Although Mrs. Kasha Davis makes a huge play for the win with her part though. Minus the Sasha Belle debacle and Katya's major flub (which honestly thankful for because we got that iconic Twist of Fate lip sync!), almost all of this lands (get it? landing the plane? Oh leave me alone).
8. Kardashian: The Rusical - winner Shea Coulee
NINA BONINA BROWN SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLAC CHYNA.
😂
Okay, now that that's out of the way.
Shea Coulee came into this with a mission to show she was a contender for the crown and she did just that. Nobody will ever forget what she does here. It's an insane, career making performance. Add to that Sasha's hilarious take on Lindsay Lohan, and the brilliance of Alexis Michelle as Kris Jenner, this is just a lot of fun.
Yes, even Cynthia's complete mess of a solo.
9. Cher: The Unauthorized Rusical - winner Kameron Michaels
Was this bad? No.
Was it good?
Also......not really.
Thankfully it was better than the other season 10 Rusical PharmaRu, but that's still not saying much. The references seemed rather weak, and for an icon like Cher, there was a lot of room for more.
10. Fannie: The Hard Knock Ball - winner Jane Don't
Again, maybe some of you will find this too low on my ranking, but it's just not memorable for me.
It's a lot of fun, but at times feels very messy. Myki, Jane and Darlene are the tops for me easily, but it's still off. The way it shifts along doesn't really work. But hey, maybe you guys liked it more than I did!!
11. Shade: The Rusical - winner Courtney Act
Courtney and Adore both fought very hard for that win, and I kinda believe it could have been a double win. Unfortunately, while comparing it to all of what came after, it doesn't really stay in the mind.
12. PharmaRusical - winner The Vixen
Save for some funny moments (Mayhem had me laughing hard), another concept that just didn't land for me. The idea of it seemed fun (?) but execution was kinda silly. Eureka's big flub of the dialogue was a big yikes moments, and it was no surprise the comeback queen landed herself in the bottom with Kalorie.
Video was unavailable, but maybe that's for the best.
13. Social Media - winner Rose
Again, it was very clear Rose was going to win this and I don't think many would argue with that. The problem with this Rusical is that it's just not memorable. Nothing about it has stuck in anyone's mind. I felt they were grasping at a concept and it never landed.
14. Trump the Rusical - winner Silky Nutmeg Ganache
Let's look at the positives....
Uh.....
Okay I'm out. This is easily the worst of the bunch, and I really can't find anything positive to say about it.
What do you guys think?















No comments:
Post a Comment